Professional Qualified Interpreters
Rapport International seeks out the best telephone interpreters in the world. We select highly qualified interpreters with national certifications and industry-specific expertise to provide the most accurate interpretation services to our clients.
Our systematic method of separating merely bilingual speakers from competent, professional interpreters ensures we are not a training ground for bilinguals. And our credentialing process guarantees that our professional interpreters are already skilled subject-matter experts, proficient in the art of interpreting, and experienced in diverse settings.
Telephone Interpreter Requirements
Rapport International is dedicated to identifying and ultimately contracting with highly qualified foreign language interpreters. We primarily utilize U.S.-based interpreters, with a small number of interpreters working out of Canada to provide services in French Canadian. Not only does hiring only U.S. and Canada based interpreters allow us to better enforce privacy and security regulations, North American telephone infrastructure is more reliable, which minimizes dropped calls and allows for consistent, clear connections with our interpreters.
Our interpreters are required to have a minimum of 2 years interpreting experience and 40 hours of interpreter training prior to working with us. They then must score 90% or better on a rigorous interpreting exam. The interpreting exam tests them on four criteria:
- Industry-specific terminology
- Language competency in both languages, including slang
- Interpreter skills including customer service and memory retention
- Ethics which includes confidentiality and awareness of conflict of interest
Once interpreters have completed the extensive screening, testing, and credentialing process, they go through orientation, which focuses on ethics, situational cases, and company policies and procedures. Every new interpreter’s calls are monitored for quality assurance for a minimum of four weeks, and then quarterly following this initial period.
The Hiring Process
Rapport International follows a set hiring process for all their telephone interpreters:
- Review of resume, cover letter, and interpreting experience
- Telephone interview with dedicated recruiter
- Testing focused on terminology, proficiency, and role-playing
- Follow-up interview with Lead Interpreter
- HIPAA training, testing, and certification
- Continuous evaluation and quality assurance
Compliance & Certifications
Rapport International’s telephone interpreting meets the new Joint Commission Standards; is fully compliant with HIPPA, HITECH and DNV Healthcare standards; is certified for PCI compliance, and is Safe Harbor certified.
Many of Rapport International’s telephone interpreters hold certifications through national organizations that include:
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI)
- National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI)
- Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts’ interpreter examination
We Speak Your Language
Rapport International’s telephone interpreters have the skills, qualifications and experience to provide our clients with the best services available. 24/7 access to professional interpreters ensures that our customers are compliant with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
With over 2,700 interpreters in 200+ languages, we’ve got you covered — no matter what industry you’re in.
For more information on our telephone interpreter qualifications please contact us.